Can my brother sponsor me if he has an Australian PR Visa?

Yogesh shukla

The Subclass 489 visa still accepts applications in the Second Provisional Visa stream. You must possess subclass 475, 487, 495, or 496 visas at the time your application is submitted if you want to be considered for this stream. The Department of Home Affairs no longer issues these visa subclasses, so be aware of it.

The Subclass 887 Skilled (Regional) Visa Permanent Residence Visa Pathway, which is still open to qualified Subclass 489 Visa Holders, is similarly impacted by the revisions.


If your sibling has Australian PR, he may sponsor you. A permanent resident or citizen of Australia may sponsor a relative under the Australian immigration paradigm. A four-year temporary/provisional visa is the skilled regional (visa 489).

A person must obtain sponsorship for this visa from a state or territory or any relative who is a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.

The government created this visa with the goal of boosting the population of Australia's remote regions. With this visa, you are able to temporarily come to Australia and take use of local resident privileges including studying, working, and living there.

The individual may submit an application for an Australian Permanent Resident Visa after residing on this provisional visa for four years.

The following are the criteria for eligibility established by the Australian government for 489 visas:

1) The applicant must be under the age of 45.

2) The applicant must possess at least a bachelor's degree in order to be considered.

3) The candidate must have at least three years of experience in a job profile that is listed in either Australia's short-term or long-term occupational list.

4) The applicant also needs to have at least 7 bands in each module of English proficiency.

5) The candidate must receive at least 60 out of a possible 100 points on Australia's point system.

You can ask your brother to sponsor you if you meet the requirements of the 489 subclass of Australian immigration.

Book your consultation