New Zealand Immigration News
New Zealand spouse / partner visa
- NZ $ 2250
- 10 months
- Live, work, and study in New Zealand.
- Include dependent children, aged 24 and under, in your visa application.
- Your partner must be New Zealand Citizen or Resident visa holder
- Must be in Genuine relationship
- You must be the age 18 years or above
New Zealand spouse / partner visa
If you’re the partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident visa holder, you can apply New Zealand spouse visa to live in New Zealand permanently.
A New Zealand spouse visa allows reuniting your partner or spouse, and they're dependent to live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely.
Benefits of New Zealand Partner visa:
- No age limit to apply for a New Zealand spouse visa.
- No IELTS score requirements.
- No points system & no qualification requirements.
- You can live, work, Study & do business in New Zealand.
- Avail health, Medicare, and social security benefits.
New Zealand partner visa requirements/ Eligibility
To apply for a New Zealand spouse visa, you & your partner must meet the following requirements.
You and your sponsor partner must be 18 years or older when applying for a New Zealand Partner visa.
- Partnership requirements:
New Zealand immigration officer assess your partnership on the following facts.
- How long you've been together.
- How long you've been living together as a couple.
- Whether you support each other financially?
- How do you share financial responsibilities?
- How committed are you to a life together?
- Whether you own property together and share your property.
- Any children you have together, including your arrangements for their care?
- Whether you share everyday household tasks?
- Whether other people recognize your relationship?
- Have eligible sponsor:
Your partner must have an eligible sponsor in New Zealand,
- Other requirements:
To be granted by New Zealand partner visa, you and your partner both need to prove that you:
- Your partner & you must be in good health.
- You both must be of good character.
- Your partner must be New Zealand Citizen or resident.
- Your partner must be eligible to support your application.
- You and your partner must have lived together in a genuine and stable relationship for 12 months or more before applying for a New Zealand spouse visa.
- Both partners aged 18 years or older at the time of marriage
- Known & have Met each other before the application is made.
- Are not close relatives according to Schedule 2 of the Marriage Act 1955 or Schedule 2 of the Civil Union Act 2004, New Zealand.
How to apply for New Zealand Spouse visa from India/ Zealand Spouse visa process steps
To apply for a New Zealand partner or spouse visa, you need to follow the below steps
- Stage 1: Prepare your documents:
The first step of the process is to prepare & Provide accurate, authentic documents & information such as Identity documents, your relationship with your partner, Character documents, medical documents, dependent documents, etc.
Suppose you submit bogus documents or false and misleading information. In that case, it will lead to the rejection of your application, and you will be banned from applying for any visa in the next five years.
- Stage 2: Partner supports your application:
Once you have prepared your documents, you can approach your partner (sponsor) living in New Zealand, based on a Resident permit or Citizenship, to support your application.
To support your application, they need to complete & sign a 'Partnership Support Form for Residence' and provide all supportive documents to prove their status that they are eligible to sponsor you.
- Stage 3 Apply for NZ spouse / partner visa:
In this stage, the Applicant must complete a 'Residence Application' form. The Applicant also attaches their personal, qualification, employment documents. And need to pay visa application fee through credit card only.
- Stage 4: New Zealand spouse/ partner visa outcome:
Here INZ authority will examine your application against preset standards and verify the documents through a third party. Suppose you can demonstrate that you are meeting the prerequisites of the defined category. In that case, your application is assessed positive, and your New Zealand spouse visa will be granted, and you will be instructed to travel to New Zealand within 12 months from the date of grant your New Zealand partner visa.
New Zealand Spouse visa fee & processing time
New Zealand spouse visa fee / charges depend upon the location where you are applying from and mode of application (Online or paper based).
New Zealand spouse visa processing time is 10 months; however, it may vary case to case
You can pay your NZ spouse visa fee online by Visa, MasterCard credit card or Union Pay (only New Zealand or Australian residence or citizens)
|S.N.||Application Type||Application in NZD|
|1||New Zealand spouse visa fee||NZ$ 2250|
Please note Immigration New Zealand does not refund application costs if your application gets declined or rejected due to any reason.
How long does it take to get a New Zealand spouse visa?
New Zealand spouse visa processing standard time is 8-10 months. 90% of applications are currently completed within this time. However, it may depend upon
- quality of documents
- ADR response time
- The location from where you are applying
- The number of an application is already in the queue.
Documents requirements for New Zealand spouse/partner visa
As a visa applicant, you must provide accurate information & genuine documents with your New Zealand spouse visa application. Please make sure to have all non-English documents translated into English. Papers must be transparent & colour copies of original documents.
Please note:- Providing bogus documents or false and misleading information intentionally or unintentionally is a crime. Therefore, your application will not only refuse but may lead to a ban to apply for any application for ten years.
Please find the New Zealand spouse visa documents checklist
You must provide the personal details page of your most recent passport. This page must show your signature.
- Marriage certificate:
To prove your marital status, you must have a registered marriage certificate issued by the registrar's office; please note certificates issued by the trust, gurudwara, are not acceptable.
You must provide a colour passport size (35x45 mm with white background) photograph.
- Character documents:
You need to provide a police certificate from your home country and the country where you spent a total of 12 months.
- Your relationship with your partner:
You need to show that you are in a continuing relationship with your sponsor/ spouse. You can provide the following supporting documents.
If you are married, provide your marriage certificate.
Other supportive documents such as you have a mutual commitment with your spouse,
To prove your relationship you can below show your additional documents.
Finances:- You can show how you and your partner share financial matters.
Your household:- provide evidence how you and your partner share domestic matters.
Commitment:- Prove how you are committed to a long-term relationship with each other.
Social matters:- Show evidence that others know about your relationship.
- Qualification Documents:
Well, qualification is additional supportive documents. It is not part of the compulsory list; however, it is being advised please do submit all qualification documents to create a positive image of your application.
- New Zealand Partner Documents:
To become a sponsor of your partner, you must provide the below documents
Address proof - Proof of residence / PR card / Citizenship
Financial documents such as bank statement/ Tax return /
Utility bills:- electricity bills / gas bills
Please note that listed documents are standard; few papers may vary from case to case. To know more about case-specific documents requirements, please coordinate with our New Zealand Partner visa experts.
As a visa applicant, you must provide true information & genuine documents with your New Zealand spouse visa application. Please make sure have all non-English documents translated into English. Documents must be clear & colour copy of original documents.
Please note:- provide bogus documents or false and misleading information intentionally or unintentionally is crime, your application will not only refuse but it may lead to ban to apply any type of application for ten years.
- Marriage certificate/Civil Union certificate
- Recognition of your relationships
- Birth Certificates of any children that you have
- Joint bank accounts
- Proof of mail address to show that you both live at the same place
- Joint utility bills/ joined credit cards /joint purchases/ Joint assets
- Photos of the couple together
- The reasons which were responsible for the decision to live apart
- The duration for which you stayed away from each other
- How you both maintained a communication with each other while your separation.
As the New Zealand immigration authorities “A de facto relationship is between two people who usually live together as a couple, like a marriage or civil union. They are not married or in a civil union with each other”
- Both the partners must be above the age of 18 years (parents’ consent in case the applicants are 16 or 17 years aged)
- They must have been in the relationship before applying for the New Zealand partnership Visa
- They both should not be close relatives.
- Their relationship must be genuine and stable
- They must share accommodation on holidays
- They must provide Civil Union certificates/ Marriage certificates
- Joint Bank statements
- Joint Rental agreement
- Birth Certificates of any children that they both have
- Photos showing both the partners together
- Other evidences in terms of documents to prove that you share a harmonious relationship with each other
Our Success Stories
Muskan – Conestoga college
This is a time to appreciate the performance of Aptech visa. True, Genuine, professional and what not, this is the immigration consultancy to whom we can trust blindly. Due to my age factor I did not score well but more than 400 and this made myself eligible for Ontario and my consultant worked hard in my profile and made it true.
Piyush Jakhmola – Dehradun - NZ work Permit
Hi Team, I would like to Thank Aptech Visa team, Monika mam, Mehak and all team members who handled my New Zealand Work visa application. I belong Dehradun but living in Mumbai, I search on Internet and found Aptech visa. Their review were impressive, so I decided to proceed my application with Aptech visa.
To be honest I never visited them, all communication was email, whats app and call. I got my New Zealand Work visa approval with in 28 days.
Rishikant – CBU – Canada
I am Rishikant From Delhi, India. I would like to thank Aptech study Abroad Team members on my Canada study permit approval.
My experience with Aptech Study Abroad is great. Whole team is very cooperative i want to thanks Yogesh Sir, for helping me in getting my Canada study permit. 5/5 stars to Aptech Study Abroad consultants.
Kavita - Haryana - Australia Spouse Visa from India
I am Kavita Laxman Dagra, from Haryana India. I am a mother of one child. I applied for my Australia partner visa from Punjab, but it was refused. It was frustrating and stressful. I did waste not only my money but also my time, and all my efforts went in vain.
After that, I researched the best immigration consultant on google. I visited lots of websites but was not satisfied with their answers. Somehow I found an Aptech visa, watched their success stories and discussed them. Then we decided to visit them in Delhi. I met with Aman Sir. I discussed my case with him in detail. He was very knowledgeable and clearly explained the reason for the refusal after checking my visa application file.
Rakesh – New Zealand Work visa – Thank you Aptech visa
I am Rakesh Naudiyal from India. I am currently working in UAE as a Chef. I always wanted to relocate to New Zealand, but getting a New Zealand visa from India was hard. Now I got the job offer letter from Half & Half NZ. I want to thank the Aptech visa Team Specially Mehak, Monika and all the team members who helped me immensely with my NZ work visa and settling in NZ.
Prabhjot Kaur – Fleming College -Canada
I recommend Aptech Study Abroad Consultant to those who dream of studying in Canada or abroad. Aptech Study Abroad is the best Study abroad Consultancy in Delhi. Before coming here, I watched their success stories on google, but I found them very professional and knowledgeable.
I want to thank Yogesh sir, Nakul Sir, and Monika Mam for their support n guidance throughout the process. Trust me. Please visit them once; they are the best Study abroad consultants.
Subhashree Bhalla – Gurgaon - Canada PR visa from India
Hey Guys I am Subhashree Bhalla – I recently got my Canada PR visa through Aptech visa.
My experience with Aptech visa was amazing starting from counselling till the getting my Canada PR visa. The smart advises of Yogesh sir and Monika Mam AND all team members have helped us in making the best decision for my Canada PR process. I got my Canada PR visa through Ontario PNP Canada.
Gurpreet Singh – Delhi - Canada PR visa from India
Hey Guys, I am Gurpreet Singh from Gurgaon, India; I am a Dentist by profession. I always dream of migrating to Canada from India, but I need clarification about whom to trust. Finally, I found an Aptech visa. I have seen their clients' videos and decided to proceed with Aptech.
My experience with the Aptech visa was impressive. I got my Canada PR visa within 14 months. Many thanks to the Aptech visa team, especially Yogesh Sir and Monika mam. My Overall process was hassle free, with no hidden charges.