New Zealand Immigration News
New Zealand spouse / partner visa
- NZ $ 2250
- 10 months
- Live, work, and study in New Zealand.
- Include dependent children, aged 24 and under, in your visa application.
- Your partner must be New Zealand Citizen or Resident visa holder
- Must be in Genuine relationship
- You must be the age 18 years or above
New Zealand spouse / partner visa
If you’re the partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident visa holder, you can apply New Zealand spouse visa to live in New Zealand permanently.
A New Zealand spouse visa allows reuniting your partner or spouse, and they're dependent to live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely.
Benefits of New Zealand Partner visa:
- No age limit to apply for a New Zealand spouse visa.
- No IELTS score requirements.
- No points system & no qualification requirements.
- You can live, work, Study & do business in New Zealand.
- Avail health, Medicare, and social security benefits.
New Zealand partner visa requirements/ Eligibility
To apply for a New Zealand spouse visa, you & your partner must meet the following requirements.
You and your sponsor partner must be 18 years or older when applying for a New Zealand Partner visa.
- Partnership requirements:
New Zealand immigration officer assess your partnership on the following facts.
- How long you've been together.
- How long you've been living together as a couple.
- Whether you support each other financially?
- How do you share financial responsibilities?
- How committed are you to a life together?
- Whether you own property together and share your property.
- Any children you have together, including your arrangements for their care?
- Whether you share everyday household tasks?
- Whether other people recognize your relationship?
- Have eligible sponsor:
Your partner must have an eligible sponsor in New Zealand,
- Other requirements:
To be granted by New Zealand partner visa, you and your partner both need to prove that you:
- Your partner & you must be in good health.
- You both must be of good character.
- Your partner must be New Zealand Citizen or resident.
- Your partner must be eligible to support your application.
- You and your partner must have lived together in a genuine and stable relationship for 12 months or more before applying for a New Zealand spouse visa.
- Both partners aged 18 years or older at the time of marriage
- Known & have Met each other before the application is made.
- Are not close relatives according to Schedule 2 of the Marriage Act 1955 or Schedule 2 of the Civil Union Act 2004, New Zealand.
How to apply for New Zealand Spouse visa from India/ Zealand Spouse visa process steps
To apply for a New Zealand partner or spouse visa, you need to follow the below steps
- Stage 1: Prepare your documents:
The first step of the process is to prepare & Provide accurate, authentic documents & information such as Identity documents, your relationship with your partner, Character documents, medical documents, dependent documents, etc.
Suppose you submit bogus documents or false and misleading information. In that case, it will lead to the rejection of your application, and you will be banned from applying for any visa in the next five years.
- Stage 2: Partner supports your application:
Once you have prepared your documents, you can approach your partner (sponsor) living in New Zealand, based on a Resident permit or Citizenship, to support your application.
To support your application, they need to complete & sign a 'Partnership Support Form for Residence' and provide all supportive documents to prove their status that they are eligible to sponsor you.
- Stage 3 Apply for NZ spouse / partner visa:
In this stage, the Applicant must complete a 'Residence Application' form. The Applicant also attaches their personal, qualification, employment documents. And need to pay visa application fee through credit card only.
- Stage 4: New Zealand spouse/ partner visa outcome:
Here INZ authority will examine your application against preset standards and verify the documents through a third party. Suppose you can demonstrate that you are meeting the prerequisites of the defined category. In that case, your application is assessed positive, and your New Zealand spouse visa will be granted, and you will be instructed to travel to New Zealand within 12 months from the date of grant your New Zealand partner visa.
New Zealand Spouse visa fee & processing time
New Zealand spouse visa fee / charges depend upon the location where you are applying from and mode of application (Online or paper based).
New Zealand spouse visa processing time is 10 months; however, it may vary case to case
You can pay your NZ spouse visa fee online by Visa, MasterCard credit card or Union Pay (only New Zealand or Australian residence or citizens)
|S.N.||Application Type||Application in NZD|
|1||New Zealand spouse visa fee||NZ$ 2250|
Please note Immigration New Zealand does not refund application costs if your application gets declined or rejected due to any reason.
How long does it take to get a New Zealand spouse visa?
New Zealand spouse visa processing standard time is 8-10 months. 90% of applications are currently completed within this time. However, it may depend upon
- quality of documents
- ADR response time
- The location from where you are applying
- The number of an application is already in the queue.
Documents requirements for New Zealand spouse/partner visa
As a visa applicant, you must provide accurate information & genuine documents with your New Zealand spouse visa application. Please make sure to have all non-English documents translated into English. Papers must be transparent & colour copies of original documents.
Please note:- Providing bogus documents or false and misleading information intentionally or unintentionally is a crime. Therefore, your application will not only refuse but may lead to a ban to apply for any application for ten years.
Please find the New Zealand spouse visa documents checklist
You must provide the personal details page of your most recent passport. This page must show your signature.
- Marriage certificate:
To prove your marital status, you must have a registered marriage certificate issued by the registrar's office; please note certificates issued by the trust, gurudwara, are not acceptable.
You must provide a colour passport size (35x45 mm with white background) photograph.
- Character documents:
You need to provide a police certificate from your home country and the country where you spent a total of 12 months.
- Your relationship with your partner:
You need to show that you are in a continuing relationship with your sponsor/ spouse. You can provide the following supporting documents.
If you are married, provide your marriage certificate.
Other supportive documents such as you have a mutual commitment with your spouse,
To prove your relationship you can below show your additional documents.
Finances:- You can show how you and your partner share financial matters.
Your household:- provide evidence how you and your partner share domestic matters.
Commitment:- Prove how you are committed to a long-term relationship with each other.
Social matters:- Show evidence that others know about your relationship.
- Qualification Documents:
Well, qualification is additional supportive documents. It is not part of the compulsory list; however, it is being advised please do submit all qualification documents to create a positive image of your application.
- New Zealand Partner Documents:
To become a sponsor of your partner, you must provide the below documents
Address proof - Proof of residence / PR card / Citizenship
Financial documents such as bank statement/ Tax return /
Utility bills:- electricity bills / gas bills
Please note that listed documents are standard; few papers may vary from case to case. To know more about case-specific documents requirements, please coordinate with our New Zealand Partner visa experts.
As a visa applicant, you must provide true information & genuine documents with your New Zealand spouse visa application. Please make sure have all non-English documents translated into English. Documents must be clear & colour copy of original documents.
Please note:- provide bogus documents or false and misleading information intentionally or unintentionally is crime, your application will not only refuse but it may lead to ban to apply any type of application for ten years.
- Marriage certificate/Civil Union certificate
- Recognition of your relationships
- Birth Certificates of any children that you have
- Joint bank accounts
- Proof of mail address to show that you both live at the same place
- Joint utility bills/ joined credit cards /joint purchases/ Joint assets
- Photos of the couple together
- The reasons which were responsible for the decision to live apart
- The duration for which you stayed away from each other
- How you both maintained a communication with each other while your separation.
As the New Zealand immigration authorities “A de facto relationship is between two people who usually live together as a couple, like a marriage or civil union. They are not married or in a civil union with each other”
- Both the partners must be above the age of 18 years (parents’ consent in case the applicants are 16 or 17 years aged)
- They must have been in the relationship before applying for the New Zealand partnership Visa
- They both should not be close relatives.
- Their relationship must be genuine and stable
- They must share accommodation on holidays
- They must provide Civil Union certificates/ Marriage certificates
- Joint Bank statements
- Joint Rental agreement
- Birth Certificates of any children that they both have
- Photos showing both the partners together
- Other evidences in terms of documents to prove that you share a harmonious relationship with each other
Our Success Stories
Direct ITA For Canada PR Visa
This is in regard to my journey with Aptechvisa Services. I have experienced here were so far better and I already recommended my multiple friends to them because I can trust their words. I got Aptech visa reference through one of my best friend and today I am in Canada and this all happened just because of Aptech visa.
Mr. Varun TanejaRead More
Got ITA After Getting Ontario Nomination Approval, Appreciated Aptech
This is a time to appreciate the performance of Aptech visa. True, Genuine, professional and what not, this is the immigration consultancy to whom we can trust blindly. Due to my age factor I did not score well but more than 400 and this made myself eligible for Ontario and my consultant worked hard in my profile and made it true.
Gaurav GuptaRead More
Overwhelmed With The Assistance Received by Aptech Visa
Hope you all are reading my message with Great Spirit. I would rate Aptech 10 out of 10. In between of my application, I have faced a lot of issues in arranging documents but everything went well and there was a continuous support of Aptech which motivated me everything and today I am in Canada, Ontario. Thank you Aptech
Gaurav Kumar SinghRead More
Best Immigration Consultancy, Achieved my Dream, Successfully Settled in Canada Now
Aptech is the best immigration consultant and the staff is of very friendly nature. Since I was there in US, so it was very difficult for me to coordinate with them but they always answered my queries very promptly and meantime, my father was there every time to support me. With the help of Aptech and my father, we got our PR visa for Canada. I am feeling so lucky to be associated with Aptech.
Harshit SaxenaRead More
I am Very Much Delighted to Choose Aptech to Fulfill my Immigration Dream
Here we would like to Thank you Aptech visa for all the assistance and help which we have received in our Canada PR visa application throughout the process. They helped me a lot in every manner and it would be an honor if I would say something good about Aptech visa. You guys are really hard working.
Irameet KaurRead More
Amazing Assistance got by Aptech Global Resultant I am Settled in Canada Now
Mine was the wonderful journey with Aptech throughout the process. I enjoyed working with them and I would really recommend Aptech to all of you. I have also given a lot of references and in future also will try to refer Aptech to all my known and relatives.
Megha AroraRead More
Got my Tourist Visa Within Short Span of Time, Thank you Aptech Visa
My son has applied for PR visa through Aptech and then he decided to apply for my tourist visa from Aptech only and you can’t believe that I got my visa within 24 hours after applying for the online application. I would really appreciate the work out done by Aptech Global in our applications. Keep working hard guys.
Usha JindalRead More
I am very glad that I have opted Aptech for fulfilling my immigration need
Due to some corrections in my passport, it took more time for me to get the visa but Aptech handled all the things very precisely and smartly. They keep on coordinating with High Commission for my application and did all the conversation on time. Thank you for supporting me.
Tenzin YegaRead More