Canada Parent visa | Super visa Canada
If you are a Canadian Citizen or holding a Canada PR visa and want to sponsor your Parents and Grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada, you can apply for a Canada parent visa. To apply for a Canada parent visa, you must:
- Support your parents & grandparents and their dependants financially
- Ensure your parents and grandparents don’t require social assistance from the Canadian Govt.
If you want your parents and grandparent to join you as soon as possible, you can also invite them on a Visitor visa or Canada Super visa.
Check whether you are eligible to sponsor a parent or grandparent?
You can sponsor your parents and grandparents if you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- You must be a Canadian Citizen or Canadian PR holder. Applicant must be 18 years or above.
- Living in Canada for one year.
- You must have enough funds to take care of your parents and grandparents.
- Applicant must provide undertaking for financial support of your parents and grandparents for 20 years.
You may be in- eligible to sponsor your parents and grandparents if you are
- Declared bankrupt
- Getting social assistance from the Canadian Govt., for a reason other than a disability
- If you were convicted of a violent criminal offense, an offense against a relative, or any sexual offense inside or outside Canada
- Unable to pay immigration loan, Court-ordered family support payments such as alimony or child support
- Unable to provide financial support
- Are you in jail, prison, or penitentiary
You Parents and Grandparents must meet the below-mentioned requirements to be eligible as an applicant:
- Must be fit medically
- Must have good character
- Need to provide Biomedical
How much income do I need to have to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
To become an Eligible sponsor, you need to show that you have sufficient income to support all the family members you are financially responsible for. The income requirements depend upon the number of family members you have.
Please find below the minimum income requirements, also known as low income cut off.
Income tax return required for the 3 years right before the day you apply (sponsors applying in 2022)
|If more than 7 people, for each additional person, add:||$6,985||$8,876||$8,740|
Please note - To prove you meet the income requirements; you must include your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the last three tax years before you apply
How to apply for a Canadian Parents and Grandparents visa?
To apply for a Canada Parent visa, you need to follow the below steps carefully
- Check Eligibility:
- Submit interest to sponsor form:
- Get an invitation to apply (ITA):
- Apply for Canada parent visa:
- Canada Parent and Grandparent Visa Decision:
The first step to sponsor your parents or grandparents is to check the eligibility of both ( Sponsor and parents & Grandparents) if they are meeting the requirements.
CIC assesses only those family applications satisfying eligibility criteria. If you are unsure about the eligibility, please coordinate with our experienced consultants for professional guidance.
Once you are sure that you are meeting all the parameters, you can submit an interest to sponsor form. Please note. In 2022, CIC opened the interest to sponsor form to accept 30,000 new applications. You will not be allowed to modify post-submission of your form, so be careful before submitting your sponsor form.
So keep your required supportive documents ready in advance to avoid unnecessary delay.
The Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) randomly selects and invites potential sponsors to complete their sponsorship applications. Please note that you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through E-mail, so don’t forget to check your mails and spam.
If you don’t get an invitation, don’t disappoint yourself; Canada also offers a Super visa for parents and grandparents. Canada super visa duration is for ten years. This visa allows your parents and grandparents to stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time.
Post receiving the Invitation, you have 60 days to apply for a Canada Parent visa, with all supportive documents required. Would you please avoid using outdated forms, old instructions, or checklists? It not only delays your application, but it may also lead to rejection. Once you gather your documents (including PCC and Medical), submit your application by paying the Canada parent visa fee.
To know case-specific documents or professional guidance, please coordinate with our experienced consultants.
Once you submit your Canada parent visa application, please wait for processing. CIC conducts verification of sponsorship and may also interview the sponsor. If the decision comes positive, CIC will notify you in writing, and now you can start preparation to fly to Canada.
Suppose your application is found to have insufficient information or lack of documents, or any false claim. Your application will be rejected in that case, and due to misrepresentation, your sponsor will be banned for five years to sponsor any further application.
Please note: Canada parent visa application fee is non-refundable.
Canada Parent and Grandparent visa fee
You need to pay the applicable Canada parent visa fee/ charges to apply for a Canada parent and grandparent visa application. Please find the Canada parent visa fee below in the Canadian dollar and Indian rupees.
You can pay the Canadian parent and grandparent visa fee by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, and UnionPay).
|1||Sponsorship charges||CAD 75||Rs. 3750|
|2||PR processing fee for primary applicant||CAD 475||Rs. 23,750|
|3||PR processing for spouse of parent or Grandparent||550||Rs. 27,500|
|4||RPRF fee ( per adult)||CAD 500||Rs. 25,000|
|5||Biometric charges (per person)||CAD 85||Rs. 4250|
|6||Medical charges||CAD 100||INR 5000|
|7||PCC charges||CAD 20||INR 1000|
Canada Parent and Grandparent visa processing time
Canada parent and grandparent visa processing time show how long Citizenship Immigration Canada expects to complete the process and announce application decision. Canada parent and Grandparent visa processing time depending upon the number of factors such as:
- Application mode how quickly you respond to the ADR.
- How easily can CIC verify your records and documents?
- Have you submitted complete documentation?
Please note the current processing time of Canadian parent and grandparent visa is 18- 24 months from the date of application received.
Canada parent and grandparent visa important tips
Once your Canadian parent and grandparent visa is approved, when they arrive at the port of entry to Canada, they must carry the following documents to show to the border services officer:
Documents you need to hold at the time of arrival:
- PR visa.
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- Valid passport
Boarder interview preparation:
The Canada border service agency (CBSA) officer will follow the below routine
- First, they will greet you,
- Ask to show your visa and travel documents.
- You will ensure that you and any family members traveling with you have the proper documents.
- Then they will inquire about your health.
General possible questions
- Are you traveling with your family?
- Have you been convicted for a severe crime in your home country?
- How long do you plan to stay in Canada?
- How much money do you have with you?
- Have you traveled to Canada before? Were you required to leave?
The post above questions, the CBSA officer will direct you to custom areas where a customs officer will ask you to show the list of goods you are carrying with you and may ask the following questions.
- What are you bringing with you to Canada?
- Do you have any animals or plants with you?
- Do you have any firearms, ammunition, or fireworks with you?
- Do you have any meat or dairy products with you?
- Do you have any fresh fruits or vegetables with you?
- Do you have any items made out of any endangered species?
Please note - Don’t give false answers. It’s a serious crime to make a false statement. If you make a false statement, you may not be allowed to enter Canada.
Special note: the CBSA officer will sign your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and authorize your entry into Canada as a permanent resident. So you need not panic, relax and smile and take an exit from the airport.
Our Media Mentions