Government of Canada Allows Mexican Nationals to Apply for eTA in Advance of Removing Visa Requirement - 25 November 2016

As of December 1, 2016, Mexican nationals will no longer be required to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in order to enter Canada for temporary visits, work, or study. Instead, citizens of Mexico will need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before travelling to Canada by air. In preparation for this change, the government of Canada has announced that as of November 25, 2016, Mexican nationals may apply in advance for an eTA.

The eTA process, as compared to the process of applying for a TRV, is typically a simpler and cheaper process. Mexico will join other countries around the world that have an agreement with Canada whereby its citizens do not need to apply for a visa before visiting Canada.

Visa-exempt individuals who wish to enter Canada by air are now required to obtain an eTA before they board their flight. This system was first introduced in August, 2015, and became mandatory on November 20, 2016 after a lengthy leniency period came to an end

Read More

Pay Online

online payment

Stay Updated

News     Blog     Jobs