How to Increase CRS Score/Comprehensive Ranking System
Getting into the Express Entry pool doesn’t mean that you will be invited to apply for permanent residence.
The higher your CRS score, the better your chances of receiving an invitation. So what can you do to get a higher CRS score? Here are some quick tips that could help you to increase CRS score.
Trusted Advice for Academic and Professional Success
Moving to Canada is an exciting opportunity but also a great challenge. Simply being eligible is not enough for you to receive an Invitation to Apply. Or
Understanding of Comprehensive Ranking System:
CRS is also points system where you will be ranked on the basis of three parameters. Summary of maximum points per factor for Express Entry candidates
Calculate Your CRS Score Here
- Core / human capital factors – (Maximum500 points)
The Human Capital Factors include points for age, educational qualification, language ability and Canadian Experience. The maximum score awarded are 500 points depending upon whether or not spouse/partner is accompanying or not.
- Skill Transferability factors (Maximum 100 points)
The Skill Transferability factors include education, foreign work experience and Canadian certificate of qualification. The maximum skill transferability points from this section are 100 Express Entry points towards the CRS score by combining these factors.
- Additional points (Maximum 600 points)
There are some additional factors if added can boost the candidates overall immigration point score. The final section of the CRS can contribute a maximum of 600 Express Entry points. So, if your sibling resides in Canada, Proficient French Language, Post secondary education in Canada, arranged employment, and provincial nomination you are eligible to receive additional points.
If your score is unfavourable and you want to improve your score, then Aptech suggest you to consider the following options-
1. Short term options to Increase CRS score:
- Improving Your English and French: Canada has two official languages: English and French. English is the most commonly spoken language in most provinces and territories, as it is worth up to 260 CRS score / 1200 CRS, so improving your language proficiency, It will not only help to increase your CRS score but also assist you to get better jobs in Canada
Achieving CLB9 bands (7 bands in reading, writing, speaking & 8 bands in listening) in IELTS tests can give a tremendous boost to your CRS scores under core human factor up to 136 points under language section but it also give you up to 100 points under Skills Transferability section. Take Steps to Improve Your French or English
- Change Primary Applicant:If you are married and planning to migrate to Canada with your spouse then check which one having more chances to get higher CRS, if spouse is younger then you and having skilled experience post qualification then make your spouse as a primary applicant because Age contribute 110 CRS score.
So every couple should carefully review who should be the principal applicant.Calculate Your CRS Score now
- Additional Points For Candidates With Siblings in Canada: Now you can claim 15 points to candidates with siblings in Canada. To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is 18 years of age or older.
- Improve Your Partner’s First Language: Did you know that spouse language ability is worth up to 20 CRS points in total if she can write English language proficiency test and You can add up to 20 points to your CRS through partner’s first language scores.Check CRS Grid to know your spouse points
- Get ECA For Spouse (increase CRS score by up to 10 points):Can take points advantage up to 10 points by getting ECA done for your spouse qualification, If you plan on moving Canada together with your spouse/common-law partner. To know more about spouse points click here
2 Long Term Option to Increase CRS Score
- PNP nomination certificate from province or territory of Canada PNP is also a Fast-Track option to boost your CRS score up to 600, PNP nomination is not only boos your CRS score but also increase your chances to get PR visa and speed up your process.
Each Canada province having their own provincial nomination criteria’s, like occupation demand list, point system, quota availability etc. these can change at any point of the time, PNP categories often open and close quickly, sometimes within days or even hours. So stay up to date on Canadian immigration latest news, and have all your documents & file ready to process. Find out more about eligibility for the PNP.
- Qualifying Job Offer from A Canadian Employer (LMIA approved) If you have a valid job offer, you can get additional points. Securing a job offer from outside of Canada its seems tough but not impossible, obtaining job offer letter supported by LMIA not only boos your 200 RCS, also will be life-changing move
There are a number of ways of getting a job offer from a canadian employer while you are overseas
- Manpower / Recruiting Agencies
- Work as a Volunteer to Build Your Resume
- Consider Alternative Jobs
- Start Your Own Business
- Canada Job Bank
- Register with Online Job Portals
What we do:
- Friendly and experienced settlement professionals can help you:
- Help finding a job
- Job-specific language training
- Language assessment
- Understand the types of jobs for you might be qualified for
- See if your credentials are equal to the standards set for Canadian workers
- Find out if you need more training, education or Canadian work experience
You May Also Want to Read