- Office Hours: Monday to Saturday(10:00 AM to 06:00 PM)
Canada Immigration News
- 5 Years
- Sponsorship fee $75 + Processing fee $475 + RPRF fee $500 = Total $ 1050
- 10- 12 months
Spouse Visa For Canada
Family unification has been an integral part of Canada's immigration policy. At Aptech Visa, we have helped thousands of families reunite with their loved and dear ones most quickly and efficiently. In addition, we've helped more spousal visa applicants than any law firm has.
We continue to improve our processes and procedures, to help our clients in all possible ways. We also guide you with the documentation process in deference to your situation.
Most crucial, we do not have any hidden or additional fees. You get an independent immigration case manager who will review your application and answer all your questions. Reach out to them any time by email, phone, or live chat within the app.
Benefits of Canada Spouse visa:
Canada PNP having their own benefits please find some of important benefits below.
- No IELTS requirement.
- No Education & Points system is applicable.
- Live, work and study & conduct business in Canada indefinitely.
- Sponsor eligible family members to come to Canada.
- Apply for Canadian Citizenship if eligible.
- Enroll in Canada's public healthcare scheme.
Canada Spouse visa Requirements
To sponsor your spouse in Canada, you need to meet the requirements of a spouse visa in Canada. You can sponsor your spouse, partner, or dependent child if:
- Visa Status:
- Social Assistance:
- Income requirement:
- Financial undertaking:
- Genuine Relationship:
- Marital status:
To sponsor your spouse in Canada, you must be 18 years or older.
If you are a Canada PR holder and want to sponsor your spouse in Canada, you must be in Canada during and till the Canada spouse visa outcome.
The sponsor Must not be receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability.
To support the Canada Spouse visa, you need to show that you have sufficient funds to support it.
The sponsor must promise to take care of your spouse for some time financially. This time is known as promise an undertaking, and this duration is known as “length of the undertaking.” Please note you need to provide a 3 years of undertaking to support a Canada spouse visa.
You need to prove that you have a genuine and continuing relationship with your spouse.
You must be legally married to the spouse. Please, Citizenship immigration Canada no longer recognizes marriages performed outside of Canada by proxy.
You may not be able to sponsor if you
- If you have already signed an undertaking for a previous spouse or partner and it hasn’t been three years since they became a permanent resident.
- Previously took money on loan and did not pay back any social assistance.
- Default on an immigration loan or a performance bond.
- Have declared bankruptcy which has not been discharged.
- If an applicant is convicted of an offense which is in sexual nature, a violent crime, an offense against a relative that caused bodily harm or threatened or attempted to commit any of the above offenses—depending on the nature of the offense, how long ago it happened and if you received a pardon.
Canada Spouse visa Process
You need to take five steps to sponsor your spouse, partner, or child.
- Check your eligibility:
- Prepare your documents:
- Apply for a Canada Spouse visa:
- Canada spouse visa outcome:
If you want to apply for a Canada spouse visa, it is essential to determine whether you meet Canada spouse visa prerequisites or not and check who can be a sponsor? Who can be sponsored?
To apply for a Canada spouse visa, you must prepare the required documents carefully. You should take the time to ensure your documents & application file are professionally presented, descriptive, and provides assessors with a comprehensive reflection of your purpose of application.
Your application will be refused/rejected if you submit applications with missing, incomplete, or unsigned forms and documents.
To apply for a Canada spouse visa, you need to pay the correct visa fee; once you submit your application, the CIC office will assess your Canada spouse visa application as per current law. If your application is incomplete or payments are missing, the application will be returned.
If your application is found complete, you will receive AOR, and the CIC office will put your application in the queue for processing. Further, you will receive the requirement ofBiometric
Police clearance certificate
The most crucial part of a Canadian spouse visa is an Interview; CIC Canada conducts an interview either individually or by phone. The interview is designed to probe each person's knowledge about the relationship and their partner to help determine whether a relationship is genuine.
Undoubtedly, one of the most problematic parts is an interview. As Consultants, we prepare professional application files and do a practical mock test for the applicant's visa interview questions. For more detail contact us
Please visit the Canada spouse visa documents checklist to find a sample list of some of the potential Canada spouse visa interview questions click here
Once your application is approved, you need to visit near VAC to submit your passport to get a stamp Canada spouse visa on your passport.
Now you can travel to Canada to stay with your loved one.
Before flying to Canada, please carry certain documents and call our expert for detailed information.
Canada spouse visa processing time
The processing time for a Canada spouse visa is between 10-12 months. If your application is complicated, it may take longer than the usual one.
Canada spouse visa processing time is also based on:
- If you submitted a complete application? Have you paid the correct fee?
- How quickly do you supply ADR to CIC?
- How easily can CIC Canada verify your Canada spouse visa application information?
- How long do you take to respond to any requests or concerns?
- Other factors.
How much does it cost to sponsor a spouse in Canada?
The Canada spouse visa fee will vary depending on how many dependents you wish to sponsor. You can pay your fees through different mode depending on where you are paying from.
|Fee in||CAD $|
|CIC charges for Canada Spouse visa fee|
|Sponsor your spouse or partner
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)
|Sponsor a dependent child
Sponsorship fee ($75) and processing fee ($75)
|Include any dependent child with spouse
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490), Sponsorship fee ($75) and processing fee ($75)
|Biometrics (if required) – Fees|
|Biometrics – per person||85|
|Biometrics – family (2 or more)||170|
|Medical fee– per person||Rs.5000|
|Police certificate fee|
|Police certificate – per documents||Rs.1000|
Canada Spouse visa Documents checklist
Document required for Canada spouse visa depends on the applicant and sponsor’s situations. However, standard documents need to be submitted with each application.
To complete the Canada spouse visa process, the petitioner must submit a signed application form with the proper fee & all required documents in the correct format,
To apply for a Canada Spouse visa, you need to provide the following documents, including:
- A copy of your civil marriage certificate
- Passport photographs
- Evidence of all legal name changes for you and your spouse
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your valid passport
- A copy of your financial documents
- Original sponsorship letter
- Police clearance certificate (if applicable)
- Prior-marriage termination papers, if applicable
- Court, police, and prison records, if applicable
- Immigration violation records, if applicable
- Bank statement
- Address proof
- Interview preparation
The above documents are required for each of the most common cases and must be submitted to CIC. In addition, please get in touch with our Canada spouse visa expert to know the personalized Canada spouse visa documents checklist.
Please make sure you provide all complete signed forms & documents that suit best according to your circumstances.
Important- It is advised you provide accurate, authentic documents. Providing false or misleading, bogus documents or information intentionally or unintentionally. It is a severe offense. Your Canada spouse visa application will be refused, and you might be banned from applying for any visa for ten years.
Canada Spouse visa interview questions
It is tough to predict what questions will be asked in the Canada spouse visa application interview; however, please find the most common questions you may face at the time of the interview.
- When & where did you meet?
- When did you fall in love with your partner?
- What did you find attractive about your partner at first?
- What’s the last thing each of you gave the other as a gift?
- When did you officially become engaged?
- Date & Place of marriage
- What will you do when you come to Canada?
- Does your partner have an educational degree? If so, what type and from what school?
- Where do you go out to visit when you go out together?
- What’s the last film you saw together with your partner?
Not sure if you’re eligible to sponsor your Spouse for a spouse visa? You can get professional consultation through Aptech Visa Expert; we can guide you through every milestone of the family sponsorship process, starting with your counselling to the finish line. Learn more, or get started today.
We at Aptech Visa are empowering families to navigate the Canadian immigration system more confidently, rapidly, and affordably.