What are The Requirements for Spousal Sponsorship Canada?
If you are Canadian PR holder or Canadian Citizen wanting to sponsor your spouse in Canada reunification is perfect pathway to sponsor your loved one (spouse / Children/ parents) we at Aptech Visa helped thousands families reunite in Canada more quickly and easily with peace of mind.
We are Certified Canadian immigration consultant, help in all of the forms and supporting documents that you will need, depending on your situation. We have helped more spousal visa applicants than any law firm has. Most important no hidden or additional fee, you get an independent immigration case manger who will review your application and answer all of your questions. Does your spouse live in Canada? Do you want to live with your partner permanently; is it really hard to stay away from each other? Dependent visa (Canada spouse visa) can be beneficial for you in many ways.
Send Quick Inquiry Now
Benefits of Canada Spouse Visa:-
- No IELTS Requirements:-
IELTS is one of the most critical aspects in all the independent visas categories. But in the case of Canada Spouse visa you need not appear for the IELTS exam as it is not required at all. So if your question is, Is IELTS required for spouse visa? Well answer will there is no IELTS require for Canada spouse visa
- No Qualification & Points System:-
Each of the visa categories of Canada visa having its own specific eligibility requirements such as points system or minimum qualification or work experience that must be met in order to file a successful application but good thing is CIC does not bother for spouse qualification or work experience.
- Career Prospect:-
You and your spouse can aspire to have a bright career in Canada as you can work in Canada while your spouse might be studying there or might as well be working too.
- Free Canada's Public Healthcare:-
Being a partner of Canadian citizen or PR Canada your spouse can avail universal health-care system
Spouse Visa Assessment Form
Requirements for Spouse Visa in Canada?
- As a sponsor, you are solely responsible to financially support your spouse, husband, sponsor need to sign undertaking stipulates that you must provide basic needs, which includes food, clothing, shelter, dental care, and eye care. You are legally bound to provide this support for a period of three years after your partner or spouse Sponsorship canada becomes a permanent resident of Canada.
- The sponsor must meet minimum income requirements to be considered eligible. This figure is determined by the Government of Canada. The income of your spouse or partner may also be considered when determining whether this requirement has been met.
- Individuals who have been charged or convicted of any sexual offenses, or criminal offenses involving their spouse, partner, or other relatives are not eligible to sponsor foreign nationals for a permanent residency visa
- As a sponsor, you are responsible to financially support any dependent children who immigrate to Canada with your partner or spouse. You are legally bound to provide food, clothing, shelter, dental care, and eye care for the time period specified by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. Your obligations to dependent children under the age of 22 will last 10 years after they obtain permanent resident status, or until they turn 25. For dependent children over the age of 22, you are obligated to support them financially for a period of three years after they become lawful permanent residents of Canada.
- The relationship must be bona fide, ongoing, and both parties must intend to continue the relationship after permanent resident status has been granted to the applicant.
- To be sponsor, you must need to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability.
Check Spouse Visa Eligibility
Spouse Visa Canada Eligibility
In order to bring your spouse (Husband or wife) in Canada, you need to meet requirements of spouse visa Canada.You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Must be Canadian Citizen/ PR holder
- Must not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability.
- Must meet the low-income cut-off
- Have a genuine and continuing relationship
- Legally married with spouse
You may not be able to sponsor if you
- If you signed an undertaking for a previous spouse or partner and it hasn’t been three years since they became a permanent resident,
- Previously sponsored someone and did not pay back any social assistance.
- Default on an immigration loan or a performance bond
- Have declared bankruptcy which has not been discharged
- Were convicted of an offence of a sexual nature, a violent crime, an offence against a relative that caused bodily harm or threatened or attempted to commit any of the above offences—depending on the nature of the offence, how long ago it happened and if you received a pardon
How To Sponsor SPOUSE / CHILD / PARENT
There are the 5 steps you need to take to sponsor your spouse, partner, or child.
- Check Your Eligibility:-
In order to apply spousal sponsorship Canada it is important to determine your eligibility who can be a sponsor? Who can be sponsored?. You and your sponsor must read, understand and sign the declaration/ undertaking in order to be considered for sponsorship.
Not sure if you’re eligible to sponsor for your Spouse for a spouse visa? You can check your eligibility through Aptech Visa Expert; we can guide you through every milestone of the spouse sponsorship canada process, starting with your counselling all the way to the finish line. Learn more, or get started today.
- Submit an Application:-
You should take the time to ensure your documents & application file is professionally presented, descriptive and provides assessors with a comprehensive reflection of your purpose of application. Your application will be refused / rejected if you submit applications with missing, incomplete, or unsigned forms and/or documents.
Important- It is advised you to provide accurate, authentic documents. Provide false or misleading, bogus documents or information intentionally or un-intentionally is serious offence. Your application will be refused and might be banned to apply any visa for a period of ten years.
- Interviews:-Citizenship immigration Canada may conduct an interview either in person or by phone. The interview is designed to probe each person’s knowledge about the relationship and about his/her partner, in an effort to help determine whether a relationship is genuine.
Please find sample list of some of the potential questions that might be asked in an interview.
- When & where did you meet?
- When did you fall in love with your partner?
- What did you find attractive about your partner at first?
- What’s the last thing each of you gave the other as a gift?
- When did you officially become engaged?
- Date & Place of marriage
- What will you do when you come to Canada?
- Does your partner have a degree? If so, what type and from what school?
- Where do you go out to visit when you go out together?
- What’s the last film you saw together with your partner?
Undoubtedly, one of the most worrisome parts of the process is interview, so being Consultant we don’t not only prepare professional application file for processing but also prepare & do practical mock test with applicant for the Visa interview questions. For more detail contact us
- Biometrics & Medical:-
First of all, don’t be terrified by the word “biometrics”! During this appointment, Citizenship immigration Canada will simply record your fingerprints and take photo and signature of you.
The entire process generally takes 15–20 minutes, although you may have to wait beforehand. There is no interview at the biometrics appointment, and the people who take your fingerprints and photo do not have any information about your application, so this is not an appropriate place to ask questions.
Want to know more about cost, wait time, and required documents? Get a personalized advice click here
- Final Decisions:-
Once the visa is approved, the sponsored applicant is given a specified period of time (b/w 6 – 12 months) from the date of approval to travel to the Canada.
Please carry certain documents before flying to Canada, call to our expert form detail information Mail: info@aptechvisa Or Call: +91-7503832132
What Documents Are Required for Spouse Visa For Canada?
To complete the process, the petitioner must submit signed application form with proper fee &all required documentation, including:
- A copy of your civil marriage certificate
- Passport style photographs
- Evidence of all legal name changes for you and/or your spouse
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your valid passport
- A copy of your financial documents
- Original sponsorship letter
- Police clearance certificate, if applicable
- Prior-marriage termination papers, if applicable
- Court, police, and prison records, if applicable
- Immigration violation records, if applicable
The above documents which are required for each of the most common case and who must submit to CIC, please documents requirements may differ depend upon personal circumstances Please make sure you must provide all complete signed forms & documents best suit/fit your circumstances.
If you are not sure please contact our immigration expert for detailed personalized checklist.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Spousal Visa in Canada?
Starting a new life and moving the whole family to the Canada can take time.The total wait time for a spousal sponsorship Canada ranges between 8 to 10 months, depending on whether you are sponsoring spouse, lives inside or outside Canada. CIC Canada is committed to processing most complete applications within 12 months also.
Processing times will vary based on:
- The type of application submitted
- If the application is complete
- How quickly we expect to process applications we’ve already received
- How easily we can verify your information
- How long you take to respond to any requests or concerns
- Other factors
What is The Fee to Sponsor Spouse to Canada?
The costs associated with spousal sponsorship canada in Canada will vary depending on how many dependent you wish to sponsor.You can pay your fees in different ways depending on the fee type and where you are paying from.
|Fee ||CAD $|
|Sponsor your spouse or partner Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) ||1040|
|Sponsor a dependent child Sponsorship fee ($75) and processing fee ($75)
|Include any dependent child with spouse Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490), Sponsorship fee ($75) and processing fee ($75) ||1190|
|Biometrics (if required) – Fees |
|Biometrics – per person ||85|
|Biometrics – family (2 or more) ||170|
How Much Income do I Need to Sponsor My Spouse?
In most cases, you need to show that you have enough money to meet the income requirements
|able 1 – Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) |
|Size of Family Unit ||Minimum Necessary Income|
|1 person (the sponsor) ||$24,949|
|2 persons ||$31,061|
|3 persons ||$38,185|
|4 persons ||$46,362|
|5 persons ||$52,583|
|6 persons ||$59,304|
|7 persons ||$66,027|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add ||$6,723|
We at Aptech Visa Empowering families to navigate the immigration system more confidently, rapidly, and affordably.