With the coming up of online/electronic approach, things have become easy and smooth that results in faster Canadian permanent residency processing. IRCC has broadly classified Canada PR process into two stages:
STEP 1: Creation of Express Entry Profile
For More Info Call Our Expert
- Filing up of express entry profile
- Registering yourself with job bank of Canada for employment
- Wait for the ITA in the express entry pool along with other potential applicants
STEP 2: Applying for Permanent Residence
- Receive an ITA to apply for Canadian permanent residence
- Apply for Canada PR within 60 days of invitation
Moreover, there is small immigration steps that are need to be completed within these two major steps. Thus, below mentioned is the step-by-step time dissection of immigration process under Express Entry:
Connect to Manager
- Read and research about the eligibility requirements for express entry programs, understand federal skilled requirements, comprehensive ranking system, Express Entry pool, invitation to apply, round of invitations, documents required, processing time etc. however, this is not the step but the basic information that you need to know before applying for Canada PR under Federal Skilled programs.
The time taken is solely based upon you. It can be days, months or years!
- This is the first stage technically, where you have to determine your eligibility for any one of the programs under Federal Immigration Programs namely Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trade Program and Canadian Experience Class
- Identify your National Occupation Classification (NOC) code for the occupation NOC 0, A or B listed on CIC website. It takes maximum one or two days to check and decide your NOC code.
- Book and take your language assessment test (IELTS). The minimum required score to be eligible to apply for Express Entry is IELTS 6 bands each in reading, writing, listening and speaking. The higher is your language score, the better are your immigration points.
The maximum time duration for your IELTS test results to get declared is 12-13 days.
- Get your educational qualification assessed by the relevant assessing authority. Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is done in order to check if your educational degree is equivalent to Canadian education standards or not.
The time period to get your ECA report is about 2-3 months.
- After satisfying the above requirements, you must create an express entry profile online and mention your key credentials like age, educational qualification, work experience, language ability and adaptability. The express entry profile is created in approximately 20-25 minutes
- After meeting the eligibility requirements, you will be automatically placed in the express entry pool along with other potential applicants. Here, you will receive a comprehensive ranking system (CRS) score. Also, you need to wait for the next express entry draw to take place. The draw is conducted after every 15-20 days.
Check the latest express entry draw 2019 here!
- If you are selected in the next express entry draw then you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
- Accept IRA within 60 days to apply for Canada PR and if you fail to apply within 60 days, your application would be consider null and void and you need to start your PR process all over again.
- Also, you get required document checklist along with ITA that you have to submit within 60 days of receiving ITA.
- Pay the required fees and submit your application
- After the final application, you usually get the response from the immigration department of Canada within 3-4 months.
- After that, you need 10-15 more days for passport stamping and other procedures