Canada Immigration News


The Canadian Experience Class is a new program of immigration for qualified temporary foreign workers and foreign student graduates with professional, managerial and skilled work experience in Canada. The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) started on September 17th, 2008. Unlike other programs, the program allows an applicant’s experience in Canada to be considered a key selection factor when immigrating to Canada.

There are options for international graduates and temporary foreign workers in Canada to become permanent residence through Canadian experience classes.

You can either apply under the federal program or, you can make your application through Quebec or one of the provinces that have programs for students and/or workers. There are several options for you to consider as listed below:

  • Canadian Experience Class (Federal): For international graduates and foreign workers in any part of Canada except Quebec
  • Quebec Experience Class: For international graduates and foreign workers in Quebec.
  • Provincial Experience Streams: Some provinces and territories have their own programs for foreign workers and graduates.


  • Have acquired at a minimum of 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) paid skilled work experience in Canada and within the 3 years before applying
  • Gained work experience with the proper work authorization
  • Skilled work experience within any occupation in skill type 0, A or B of the 2011 NOC
  • 30 hours per week for 12 months or 15 hours per week for 24 month
  • Self employment or employment gained while being a full-time student does not count
  • meet the minimum level benchmark depending on the skill type level of your occupation
  • You must complete Canadian or equivalent certificate, diploma or degree.
For more, Take a FREE online Eligibility Assessment.


There is no standard time to process your application. It depends on where you send your application and what type of application it is. However it may take up to 8 months.

Home Canada Immigration Canadian Experience Class Program

Canada Experience Class

If you are currently working in Canada on temporary basis and want to settle down there permanently then Canada Experience Class is for you. The individuals, who are having work experience in Canada and living there legally, are eligible to apply for this visa. The CEC is processed through Express Entry system. This program is ideal for those who have seen the Canada by living and working over there and want to resettle there.

CEC Express Entry
A candidate is required to first submit an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada. After that you need to create an Express Entry profile in preparation for creating an Express Entry profile the applicant should have their foreign post-secondary educational credentials assessed for their Canadian equivalent and if CIC founds everything positive in your application then you will get an Invitation of Apply (ITA) for Canada Permanent Resident.

Apply for CEC Express Entry
canada immigration

Eligibility/Requirements for Canadian Experience Class

If you are having working experience in Canada and want to apply for CEC visa program, then you must meet with the following required eligibility criteria.

  • You must have at least one year of full-time work experience in accordance with NOC skill type 0, A, B. These occupations are of managerial, professional, technical or skill trade nature.
  • The required work experience of 12 months must be acquired in the past 36 months at time of application submission.
  • You will not be admissible in Canada if you are having any criminal record, health related issue.
  • Must prove minimum language requirement in accordance with Canadian Language Benchmark.
  • Plan to live outside the province Quebec

It is not mandatory that you have to be in Canada throughout the process. This program is also open for those skilled workers who are not present in Canada at present but having relevant work experience from there.

Note: you are still eligible for Canada PR through this stream without a job offer. To know about all the pathways that offer Canada Permanent Residency without a job offer, contact a Canada immigration counselor today.

Check You Eligibility Now

Get Free Assesment

Language Requirement

You can either meet with the English or French language requirement. The language proficiency is calculated as the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). The requirement of language bands varies with the type of skilled occupation you are applying.

For Occupation 0, A
In English: All bands should be at least 6 in each module of IELTS
In French: Reading-206, Listening-248, Writing- 309, Speaking- 309

For Occupation B
In English: Writing- 5.0, Reading- 4.0, Speaking-5.0, Listening- 5.0
In French: Writing- 225, Speaking- 225, Listening- 180, Reading-150

Check Your Language Proficiency Points

Who can qualify as Skilled Work Experience applicant for CEC?

You must have at least of 12 months of full-time experience in the past 3 years during the time of applying. The guidelines for Skilled Work Experience have been set by the National Occupational Classification (NOC). The work defined by NOC is as below:

  • Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
  • Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
  • Skilled trades and Technical jobs (NOC skill type B)

Time calculated for full time and part time job as per following criteria:
If you worked in Canada on Full-Time job then,
30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For Part-Time job in Canada the time will be counted as,
15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
In your CEC application, if you do not show that you did all the essential duties and most of the main duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, your application will NOT be acceptable by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
If you are an international graduates, Canadian Experience Class is the most appropriate and easy pathway to get settled in Canada.

Related: How to apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa from India Check if you qualify or not

Benefits of applying for Canadian Experience Class

  • Only 12 months of job experience is required
  • Part time job is also acceptable with some conditions
  • There is no education requirement for CEC, if you have you will get extra points
  • No need to meet with score threshold, it’s a pass-fail system
  • You can get your permanent residency status in Canada within 6 months

NOTE: Work experience while a student will not be counted for Canadian Experienced Class visa, and if you are/were self-employed in Canada then it will also not be counted.

CEC Processing Time

As of January 2016, the government of Canada has made the process faster and convenient for immigration seekers. The process time include the submission of application to the approval of it and the overall process takes up to 6 months only. However, the processing time may vary profile to profile and it may increase if you not provide required documents on time to immigration authority.

Check Process Time on your File

Why choose Aptech Global to apply for Canadian Experienced Class?

We have an excellent record of filing applications for Canadian Experienced Class (CEC) as well as other programs of Canada PR. Our easy and customized policy makes the Express Entry program hassle-free for all of our clients. More than 90% of Canadian Experienced Class application through Aptech Global received Permanent Resident Visa within 6 months.

We work on the following process:

  • Fill our ‘free assessment form’ on this page,
  • Get free advice on your case from one of our expert,
  • Get counselling also meet us
  • File your Canadian Experienced application through Aptech Global,
  • Wait for a decision,
  • Get approval from Canadian government, move to Canada.

Apply for your Canadian Experienced Class Program through the passionate team of immigration experts, Aptech Visa provides its client best support and assistance to secure their PR Visa. You may take help of the specialists at Aptech Visa on Contact No: 011-47020730 / 8447153819 (Delhi) or mail at: and you may also fill the ‘free Assessment form’ to get call back from the Aptech Visa’s Immigration Specialists.




Top Companies