Canada Immigration News
Home Canada FAQ's

I Applied For The AINP. How do I Extend my Work Permit ?

The first thing you need to determine is, do you need a labor market impact assessment to extend your work permit, or if you are exempted from an LMIA. Usually, most foreign workers need an LMIA to obtain a work permit.

If you need an LMIA, your employer must apply for it, you don’t have to apply for the LMIA. It’s your employer job to apply it for you. If your LMIA is approved, your employer must share this information with you.

If you are a semi-skilled worker,

 - You use the LMIA

 - Written job-offer

 - Signed employment contract

But, if you are a semi-skilled worker, you have to submit an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for a new work permit.

Also, before expiring of your current work permit, it is important to apply for a new work permit. You can then keep working on what is called implied status.

Implied status is a status where you are allowed to keep working for your employer until you receive a decision from IRCC on your new work permit application.

To know more in this regard, get in touch with our visa gurus.

Call our immigration experts now! Contact No: 011-470207308447153819

If you live in India and want to immigrate to Canada choose right PNP Program and Apply for your PNP Program through the passionate team of immigration experts, Aptech Visa provides its client best support and assistance to secure their PR Visa. You may take help of the specialists at Aptech Visa on Contact No:011-47020728, 29, 30, 31, 32 / 8447153819 (Delhi) or mail at: info@aptechvisa.com and you may also fill the ‘free Assessment form’ to get call back from the Aptech Visa’s Immigration Specialists.


Aptech Global Immigration Services


Pay Online

online payment

Stay Updated

News     Blog     Jobs