Manitoba’s Provincial Nomination Program Celebrates 20 Years!
Posted On: Fri, Dec 27 2019
Manitoba is celebrating 20 years of Manitoba’s Provincial Nomination Program- Canada’s First Provincial Nominee Program.
Let’s have a look at the timeline of Manitoba’s provincial nomination journey:
1996- The first bilateral framework agreement, the Canada-Manitoba Immigration Agreement signed giving way for the MPNP
1997- Manitoba launches pilot immigration initiatives to increase migration to rural Manitoba
1998- Manitoba signs PNP Annex, implementing Canada’s First Provincial Nomination Program
1999- The first 418 provincial nominees arrive in Manitoba; this led to start of immigration growth to the province
2001- Manitoba launches a nomination stream for business applicants, allowing for direct investment and job creation by newcomers
2004-2006- The MPNP transitions to six new skilled worker streams to increase program flexibility and increase immigration levels to 10,000 principal applicants
2007- The Fair Registration Practices in Regulated Professions Act introduced to ensure regulator practices are objective, transparent, impartial and fair.
2008- Manitoba introduces the worker Recruitment and Protection Act to protect foreign workers, the first Act of its kind in Canada
2010- Manitoba opens, providing newcomers to focal point for employment, settlement, and language training supports upon arrivals.
2014- Manitoba’s 100,000th provincial nominee arrives in the province, marking the peak 15 years growths.
2017- The MPNP nominates 2,713 applicants having job-offers, accounting for over 54% total numbers of nominees and marking the highest number/proportion to date
2018- The MPNP renews program criteria to improve immigrant outcome
Some interesting facts about Manitoba
- The Manitoba program was created to provide the province with a mechanism to increase the economic benefit of immigration
- The Manitoba population Nominee Program drives the population growth since 2006.
- Without MPNP, the economic growth of Manitoba would be 30% less
- The skilled migrants coming to Manitoba are mostly employed in the first year of Manitoba
- Manitoba retains almost 90% of Provincial Nominees
- Over 130,000 Provincial Nominees have landed since 1998
- Over 90% of economic immigrants to Manitoba arrive through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
For further information related to Canada PR and different PR programs, fill the free assessment form and connect to one of our immigration experts at 7503832132 today!
Know more about Manitoba PNP Process & Requirement