Immigrants benefits should be expanded in rural and northern locations
More than ever, immigrants are essential to the future of rural and northern areas across the nation as we recover economically from the pandemic. The Canadian government is dedicated to assisting these areas, increasing immigration to generate employment, resolving our labor shortfall, and fostering corporate expansion.
Most Honourable The expansion of the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP), which will increase the advantages of immigration in the 11 participating towns, was announced today by Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship. This fall, a number of changes will be made that will benefit applicants, companies, and community partners.
- extending the geographic borders of the following participating communities to allow for the participation of more employers: North Bay, Sudbury, Timmins, Thunder Bay, Moose Jaw, West Kootenay, and Vernon are all cities in Ontario (BC)
- increasing the number of employment offers that are available to applicants with relevant work experience, so making it simpler to fill labor market demands in the health care and trades sectors
- extending the time that localities may participate, up until August 2024, when the trial program ends.
- assisting community partners in better supporting job seekers and employers
- by lowering the minimum amount of settlement cash that participants must possess.
- improving the program's integrity
These adjustments are based on suggestions from our community partners and go one step further in addressing their needs and encouraging development in rural and smaller areas across the nation. The RNIP will assist more firms in meeting critical labor market needs when its geographic borders are widened.
The success of the new permanent Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP), which was introduced in March 2022 and continues to assist the Atlantic provinces in attracting the skilled newcomers they need to address the labor shortage and demographic challenges in the region, is built upon by regional immigration programs like the RNIP, which are becoming more and more crucial to the sustainable growth of our nation. Since its debut, 167 applications for the confirmed permanent program have been submitted.
For Canada, particularly in rural and northern towns, immigration from francophone countries is essential. We are working with partners, provinces, and territories to make sure French-speaking immigrants have the chance and resources to settle in and contribute to, Francophone communities across the nation. Immigration is one of the most crucial factors in maintaining, and even growing, populations of Francophone minority communities. To enhance the proportion and retention of French-speaking immigrants in friendly Francophone communities outside Quebec, we will keep taking action.
By hiring up to 1,250 new personnel by the end of this fall to reduce application backlogs, with a focus on managing labor shortages, enhancing the client experience, and reuniting families, we intend to further strengthen Canada's immigration system. We are taking steps to make sure that everyone, especially those in rural and northern towns, benefits from our immigration system.
The expansion of the RNIP, which was announced today, will make it simpler for rural and northern areas to meet their pressing labor market needs. These communities face particular economic and demographic concerns. Additionally, they broaden community boundaries to enable firms in remote locations to participate in the program, supporting the expansion of smaller towns across the nation.
– The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship
- Over 4 million Canadians work in rural areas, which provide over 30% of the country's GDP. They support the businesses that support Canada's thriving economy by supplying food, water, and electricity to urban centers.
- North Bay (Ontario), Sudbury (Ontario), Sault Ste. Marie (Ontario), Thunder Bay (Ontario), Brandon (Manitoba), Altona/Rhineland (Manitoba), Moose Jaw (Saskatchewan), Claresholm (Alberta), West Kootenay (BC), and Vernon are the 11 RNIP communities (BC).
- As of June 30, 2022, 1,130 additional residents had entered RNIP communities, assisting with labor shortages in important industries like healthcare, hospitality, food services, retail, manufacturing, and transportation.
- Each of the participating villages might potentially welcome 125 newcomers and their families on average each year.
- In any one year, RNIP applications from principal applicants and their family members may be accepted for processing up to 2,750 times.
The Canadian government committed $35 million in January 2022 to ensure that immigrants settling in small towns and rural communities have access to basic amenities during their first year in the country.
Take the first step toward making your immigration dream a reality.
Fill our free online visa assessment form, so that, we could help you better.
Please share the required information below.
Direct ITA for Canada PR visa
This is in regard to my journey with aptechvisa services. I have experienced here were so far better and I already recommended my multiple friends to them because I can trust their words. I got Aptech visa reference through one of my best friend and today I am in Canada and this all happened just because of Aptech visa.
Mr. Varun Taneja
Got ITA after Getting ontario nomination approval, appreciated aptech
This is a time to appreciate the performance of aptech visa. True, Genuine, professional and what not, this is the immigration consultancy to whom we can trust blindly. Due to my age factor I did not score well but more than 400 and this made myself eligible for Ontario and my consultant worked hard in my profile and made it true.
Overwhelmed with The assistance received by Aptech Visa
Hope you all are reading my message with Great Spirit. I would rate Aptech 10 out of 10. In between of my application, I have faced a lot of issues in arranging documents but everything went well and there was a continuous support of Aptech which motivated me everything and today I am in Canada, Ontario. Thank you Aptech
Gaurav Kumar Singh
Best Immigration Consultancy, Achieved my Dream, Successfully Settled in Canada Now
Aptech is the best immigration consultant and the staff is of very friendly nature. Since I was there in US, so it was very difficult for me to coordinate with them but they always answered my queries very promptly and meantime, my father was there every time to support me. With the help of Aptech and my father, we got our PR visa for Canada. I am feeling so lucky to be associated with Aptech.
I am very much Delighted to Choose Aptech to fulfill my Immigration Dream
Here we would like to thank you aptech visa for all the assistance and help which we have received in our canada pr visa application throughout the process. They helped me a lot in every manner and it would be an honor if I would say something good about Aptech visa. You guys are really hard working.
Amazing Assistance got by Aptech Global Resultant I am Settled in Canada Now
Mine was the wonderful journey with aptech throughout the process. I enjoyed working with them and I would really recommend Aptech to all of you. I have also given a lot of references and in future also will try to refer Aptech to all my known and relatives.
Got my Tourist Visa Within Short Span of Time, Thank you Aptech Visa
My son has applied for PR visa through aptech and then he decided to apply for my tourist visa from aptech only and you can’t believe that I got my visa within 24 hours after applying for the online application. I would really appreciate the work out done by Aptech Global in our applications. Keep working hard guys.
I am very glad that I have opted Aptech for fulfilling my immigration need
Due to some corrections in my passport, it took more time for me to get the visa but aptech handled all the things very precisely and smartly. They keep on coordinating with High commission for my application and did all the conversation on time. Thank you for supporting me.