Alberta Removed Occupations In Its Refusal To Process LMIA List
Posted On: Fri, Dec 27 2019
The Alberta government has reduced the number of occupations for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program to 24 occupations.
The refusal to process list is established and maintained by the Alberta Labour and Employment and Social Development Canada to make sure that employers first seek potential employees of Canada before seeking workers outside Canada.
The employer Liaison service was introduced by Canada to help Alberta employers find workers locally to fill in-demand occupations.
The refusal to process lists helps in ensuring the local skilled workers demand is required.
If an employer wants to hire the potential skilled foreign workers through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) for the following occupations will be contacted by the Alberta Department of Labour to match the skills with potential workers in Alberta.
The provincial government will revise the refusal to process list nearly twice a year.
The below mentioned occupations are removed or replaced on the refusal to Process a LMIA list:
- NOC 0112 - Human Resources managers
- NOC 1215 - Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations
- NOC 1523 - Production logistics co-ordinators
- NOC 2132 - Mechanical engineers
- NOC 2212 - Geological and mineral technologists and technicians
- NOC 2231 - Civil engineering technologists and technicians
- NOC 2253 - Drafting technologists and technicians
- NOC 7202 - Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- NOC 7231 - Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors
- NOC 7237 - Welders and related machine operators
- NOC 7301 - Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- NOC 7302 - Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment
- NOC 7311- Industrial mechanics
- NOC 7312 - Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- NOC 8222 - Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling and services
- NOC 8232 - Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
- NOC 8412 - Oil and gas well drilling and related workers and services operators
- NOC 8615 - Oil and gas drilling, servicing and related labourers
To know about your chances to migrate to Canada under Alberta PNP, fill the free assessment form