One of the nations in the globe that is regarded as family-friendly is Canada. A Canadian spouse visa enables citizens or permanent residents who are at least 18 years old to sponsor their spouses, dependant children, parents, or grandparents to move in with them.
The spouse visa application process is different from other visa applications since it has various requirements. Education requirements, language proficiency standards, and work experience requirements are not included. We will address your query regarding the application process for a Canada Spouse Visa in this article.
Connect with our immigration experts
You can apply for a PR visa through additional immigration programs run by Canada Immigration, such as the Provincial Nominee Program, Express Entry Program, etc. You have five years as a permanent resident to live, work, or attend school anywhere in the maple region. You can apply for Canadian citizenship following three years.
What is a spouse visa for Canada?
Canada Spouse visa permits you to sponsor your spouse/ common-law partner to become a permanent resident of the nation.
One of the quickest methods to become a permanent resident of Canada is to obtain a spouse visa. A subcategory of the family sponsorship scheme is the spousal sponsorship program. PR holders or Canadian residents might support their companion's application for permanent residency under this visa subclass or stream. This category does not include fiancés. Candidates must substantiate their marriage's validity.
With our specialized services for Canadian PR , Aptech Global Immigration Services can assist you in finding your relatives.
Who is eligible for dependent sponsorship?
The following family members may be sponsored for a dependent visa:
- Spouse, conjugal partner, or common law partner
- Dependent minors younger than 21
- Grandparents or parents
- A kid you adopted outside of Canada while you were a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Members of your own family, such as your brother, sister, niece, nephew, uncle, or other close relatives
What are the prerequisites for becoming a sponsor?
The candidate must fulfill the following conditions in order to sponsor their spouse, partner, or dependent child:
- You should be somewhere around 18 years of age.
- You must be a Canadian citizen, a citizen with permanent residency status, or a person who has been recognized as an Indian by the Canadian Indian Act.
- Need to demonstrate that they are not getting social assistance due to a handicap.
- Must meet the fundamental requirements of any sponsored person
The following factors may disqualify an application from sponsoring their spouse, partner, or child:
- If you are under 18 years old.
- If the applicant won't be residing in the nation when the individuals, they wish to sponsor are granted permanent residency.
- If they are not Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or those who are recognized as Indians by the Canadian Indian Act.
- If the applicant is a temporary resident who is in Canada on a visa or other authorization to visit, study, or work.
- If the applicant's application to become a permanent residence is still pending;
- If the applicant lacks sufficient funds to support the sponsored individual.
The following situations will prevent the candidate from sponsoring their spouse or partner:
- We were granted permanent residency less than five years ago and are sponsored by a spouse or partner.
- They continue to bear financial responsibility for a former partner or spouse they sponsored. This indicates that they are still obligated to care for this person according to the three-year undertaking.
What paperwork is needed to get a Canada Spouse Visa?
The list of documents needed to apply for a spouse visa from India is as follows:
- Documentation of a legal marriage, such as a marriage certificate.
- The applicant must show that they will remain in Canada once their spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner is granted permanent residency.
- A written contract stating the obligations and responsibilities of both the sponsor and the sponsored individual.
- The sponsor must formally commit to meeting their spouse's or common-law partner's basic necessities.
- Evidence of partnerships, such as a marriage license, regular correspondence (letters, emails, and phone calls), photos of the couple together, or joint arrangements, like a lease or joint bank accounts.
What is the average process time for the Canada spouse Visa?
The average processing period for an application once it has been submitted to the foreign visa office for approval is between 8 and 10 months.
Important Questions to Consider
What is a common-law partner for purposes of spousal sponsorship applications?
The common-law spouse consists of:
- Is not formally wed to you
- Either sex may be
- Is 18 or older
Has resided with you for at least 12 months in a row, indicating:
- You've been cohabitating for a full year without taking any longer breaks
Apply for Canada Family Sponsership Programs
You both left your homes for the following reasons:
- Family responsibilities
- Travel for work or business
Any time apart from one another had to have been:
The partnership is said to have ended when at least one party decides to do so.
When should police certifications be submitted for applications for spousal sponsorship
When you send the visa office your application packet, you must include police clearance certificates.
Will IRCC send me a letter stating that they received my application?
You will receive a letter or email acknowledging receipt of your application along with an application number if the immigration office has started processing it. Before the immigration office opens the application and verifies that it is complete, no acknowledgment is sent. If the following conditions are met:
- It is incomplete
- Fees are not paid,
- It arrives following a program's pause, closure, or cap.
How can I be certain that my application won't be rejected or sent back?
In order to prevent rejection or delays, you must ensure the following:
- Complete and accurately sign the entire application form (s)
- Compile all of the documents on the Document Checklist.
- Pay your fees and submit your application along with a copy of your receipt.
Pay the $490 CAD right of permanent residence charge beforehand, or as soon as you receive a letter requesting it.
What exactly do "Essential Needs" mean?
The sponsor must commit to giving the sponsored family members:
- Access to food, clothing, shelter, and other necessities of daily life; and
- All Canadian citizens and permanent residents have access to dental, eye, and other health needs that are not covered by public health services.
How Aptech Global Immigration Services is of use to its clientele?
Aptech Global Immigration Services has gathered a fortune of good name and undisputable reputation as the best Canada Immigration Consultants thorough experience throughout the course of recent years in this powerful industry and has continually worked with a great many hopeful immigration aspirants to accomplish their abroad objectives with one of the most mind-blowing and successful track record for migration to Canada.
Get free Canada assessment form
We are among the top-most brands in the area being an exceptionally solid migration firm with an extraordinary history of a few thousand of victorious permanent residency visas for Canada and other countries. The accompanying central point make us the Best Immigration specialist for a Canada PR Visa:
- Our Consultation is presented by proficient and productive Immigration Consultants
- Bit by bit direction and support throughout the process as well as constant evaluation of the profile and its requirements.
- We keep a Secure Online Process and present it with utter honesty, transparency and professionalism.
- Arrangement of Complaint Redress for any problem throughout the process and quick resolutions on any query.
- Experience of having handled more than 50,000 applications with 15 years of experience and expertise in the business.
- Each Case is evaluated on various occasions before the final submissions are done.
- Simple assessment of the capabilities and different abilities