Home Australia Immigration Life in Australia

Who Can Sponsor The Child ?

To sponsor a child, a parent must be:

  • An Australian citizen
  • An Australian permanent residency holder
  • A New Zealand citizen
  • A step parent who is no longer a partner of the child’s biological parent but has a legal responsibility to care for the child who is younger than 18 years of age.
  • A parent who adopted the child before becoming an Australian citizen, the holder of permanent resident visa, or eligible New Zealand citizen.

It is not necessary to be in Australia at the time of filing an application, you can still be the sponsor parent if you:

  • Entered Australia in the past but are outside Australia when you lodge the application
  • Have been granted the Australia Permanent resident visa but have not yet entered Australia.

Our Testimonial