Australia Immigration News
Home Australia Immigration Life in Australia

What To Do Next If I Am Allotted Prospective Marriage Visa ?

As you may already be aware that prospective Marriage Visa is a temporary visa which is valid for 9 months. With this visa, you can go to Australia and marry your prospective spouse within this time period. The main purpose of the prospective marriage visa is to allow you to come to Australia and marry your future spouse to live as husband and wife.

This visa is a pathway for your permanent residency because after getting this visa you may be eligible to make a successful application for a subclass 820 or 309 Partner visa.

After getting married, it is advisable to plan ahead and ensure the Partner Visa application can be lodged within the allotted time frame. After you have submitted your application, you will be granted a Bridging visa which allows you to remain in Australia until a decision is made on your Partner visa application.

After getting this visa, you can apply for a partner (subclass 820 and 801) visa before your prospective marriage visa (subclass 300) expires.

You must fulfill the following requirements before applying for the visa:

  1. You must be sponsored by your fiancé in Australia
  2. You must be more than 18 years of age during the time of application lodging
  3. You must show the genuine intention to marry your partner
  4. You must have met and know your prospective spouse
  5. You must meet health and character certificates
  6. You must show the genuine interest to live with your prospective husband or wife

If you meet these conditions, chances are you may apply for the Australia partner visa.

If you want to apply for a Partner visa or would like some more information or advice, please contact our immigration experts. You can also fill the FREE assessment form to further evaluate your chances.

It is always better to obtain a prior information or advice before lodging an application, to avoid any issues in the future.