Home Australia Immigration Life in Australia

What is Child Visa Subclass 101 ?

Subclass 101 visa allows the eligible parent to sponsor their child to live in Australia permanently. The parent can apply on the behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age.

Here, the eligible parent means:

  • An Australian citizen
  • Australia permanent residency holder
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen

Child visa subclass 101 can be applied under following conditions:

  • The child must be born outside Australia
  • The child should be sponsored by the parent or parent’s partner
  • The child must be single and less than 18 years of age, or
  • He/she should be a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
  • 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.

There is another subclass of child visa (801) which allows the child to live with their parents in Australia who are an Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens provided the child must be in Australia from starting to end of the process. 

If you are living in Australia and want to bring your child to Australia, you can apply visa subclass 101, Aptech visa can help you by providing the detailed information and guidance on how to apply for the Australia subclass 101 visa. 

Our Testimonial