- Office Hours: Monday to Saturday(10:00 AM to 06:00 PM)
Amendment Done In Migration Act 1958- Section 48 Bar.
After the unrelenting condition of the pandemic, now South Australia is recovering and amending the laws.
On November 11, 2021, The Australian Government has amended the new act in which Migration Act 1958 'section 48 bar' subject to allow applicants to lodge a visa application from within Australia for specifically skilled visa subclasses. Those onshore applicants affected by the section 48 bar can now apply for the skilled visas under the following category:
- Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional visa (subclass 494).
Australia Free Assessment Form
The filling for the visas will be done from November 13 2021. The Migration Act 1958 amendment says that section 48 will no longer be a barrier to these onshore skilled migrants applying for South Australian state nomination. Therefore, the applicants are subject to a section 48 bar for subclass 491, and 190 visas are no longer required to confirm they will be travelling offshore to lodge their visa application when applying for South Australian state nomination.
The applicant will need to meet a range of requirements before applying. Here are the listed requirements:
- The applicant has to show the language eligibility test for English as a primary language,
- Applicant must have at least eight years work experience in the nominated or closely related occupation,
- There should be at least 85 points of the applicant for the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) in the Department of Home Affairs points test.
State nomination requirements depend on the applicant who is applying for which visa pathway and under which category.
So, what are you waiting for? Just catch the opportunity and start your visa application procedure with Aptech Visa for Australia.
Have a go at our free online assessment form and get a call back from our professional immigration team to uncover the procedure for you.
If you have any queries about Australian Immigration, Australia PR, and Studying in Australia talk to our experts.
Mon to Sat - 10 AM to 6 PM
Take the first step toward making your immigration dream a reality.
Fill our free online visa assessment form, so that, we could help you better.
Please share the required information below.